Wellness Report Blog Wellness Report - More of My Findings By Donald M. Petersen Jr. Wellness Report Blog Facebook and Twitter

L-Arginine Reduces Incidence of Pre-Enclampsia in Pregnant Women

January 5, 2012
By

Pre-Enclampsia is a condition that impacts many pregnant women. It includes high blood pressure as well as potential damage to the blood vessel lining, kidneys, and liver. A new study found that “supplementation during pregnancy with a medical food containing L-arginine and antioxidant vitamins reduced the incidence of pre-eclampsia in a population at high risk of the condition.” L-Arginine is a natural amino acid found in dairy products, grains, nuts and legumes. These findings are another reason for women to eat healthy during pregnancy.

Read the Abstract

Tags: , ,

7 Responses to “ L-Arginine Reduces Incidence of Pre-Enclampsia in Pregnant Women ”

1. Gertrudis Tatel on March 22, 2013 at 3:44 am

Interesting website, my spouse and i read it however i still have a few pre-determined questions. contact me by email and we will communicate more becasue i could own an interesting concept for you.

2. Doris Arellanes on January 14, 2013 at 8:45 am

Shedding pounds is not easy for me. I was able to learn few new things about healthy living from your site. Good work.

3. Melisa Fribley on October 26, 2012 at 5:48 pm

I was looking for L-arginine supplements when I came accross neogenis a ntiric oxide supplement that contain the key ingredient L-citrulline, an amino acid that helps create more L-Arginine which by the way is an amino acid responsible for NO production but the formula also includes other beneficial ingredients such as Vitamin C, Magnesium, Hawthorn, Beet and Vitamin B12. They have some great information online at http://www.neo40.ca. They even ship products for FREE!

4. fawzia on September 14, 2012 at 12:06 am

so how do we women in Africa battle enclampsia since it has been diagnosed that the percentage in african women is high

6. Dong Grambo on May 6, 2012 at 7:59 am

Fantastic beat ! I would like to apprentice while you amend your web site, how could i subscribe for a blog website? The account helped me a acceptable deal. I have been a little bit familiar of this your broadcast offered brilliant clear concept

7. Duane Lowe on January 6, 2012 at 5:12 pm

As an FYI, it was a chiropractor that initially proposed the combination of L-Arginine and Antioxidants for the prevention/treatment of pre-eclampsia in 2000 and explained WHY they would be necessary. The article, published in a refereed bioscience journal, explained why previous researchers found an increase in nitric oxide, and others found a decrease in nitric oxide. It also showed how nitric oxide dysfunction is a major driver for most manifestations of pre-eclampsia, and based on this suggested ways to prevent it and treat it.

Lowe, DT. Nitric Oxide Dysfunction in the Pathophysiology of Pre-eclampsia. Nitric Oxide: Biology and Chemistry, Vol4(4), 441-458

This article also proposed that Assymetrical Dimethylarginine (ADMA) would be found to be increased in pre-eclampsia, and that it would increase superoxide production from Nitric Oxide Synthase. Also that Arginase, a competing enzyme for L-Arginine, would also be increased in Pre-eclampsia. All of these proposals have since been verified in subsequent research papers published since 2000.

It is amazing what things you can accomplish with just a Chiropractic education. Now if I would only have listened closer in that practice management class…