Wellness Report Blog Wellness Report - More of My Findings By Donald M. Petersen Jr. Wellness Report Blog Facebook and Twitter

NSAIDs Cause Spontaneous Abortions?

August 16, 2012
By

Non-Steroidal Anti-Inflammatory drugs (NSAIDs) are considered “safe” by most people. This is likely an opinion that stems from the fact that most are sold over the counter rather than with a prescription. Some of the ones you may be familiar with are ibuprofen (Advil, Motrin, etc.), naproxen (Aleve, Midol, etc.) and celecoxib (Celebrex).

In addition to a potential greater risk of heart attack and stroke, a recent study found that “the use of nonaspirin NSAIDs during pregnancy was significantly associated with the risk of spontaneous abortion.” The associated risk of spontaneous abortion for women taking any NSAIDs was almost two and a half times (2.43) that of those women who didn’t take NSAIDs while pregnant. Depending on the drug, the associated risk ranged from 2.19 times to 3.09 times.

This is important information to share with those who are pregnant and experiencing the usual pains that go with it. Take a moment to share with them the risks involved in taking NSAIDs.

Read the Abstract

Tags: ,

8 Responses to “ NSAIDs Cause Spontaneous Abortions? ”

1. test on March 15, 2013 at 5:32 am

Hello, your website is cool. I like it so much.

2. Alberta Girauard on February 5, 2013 at 11:29 am

An interesting dialogue is worth comment. I believe that you need to write extra on this matter, it won’t be a taboo subject however usually people are not sufficient to speak on such topics. To the next. Cheers

3. salampakistan.it on November 10, 2012 at 2:07 pm

I’m impressed, I have to admit. Seldom do I encounter a blog that’s equally educative and entertaining, and without a doubt,
    you have hit the nail on the head. The problem is an issue that not enough folks are speaking intelligently about.
    I am very happy I found this in my hunt for something
    relating to this.

4. Be-sociable.Fr on October 27, 2012 at 12:50 pm

Hi there excellent website! Does running a blog like this require a massive amount work?
    I’ve very little knowledge of programming however I had been hoping to start my own blog soon. Anyway, should you have any suggestions or techniques for new blog owners please share. I know this is off subject but I simply had to ask. Thank you!

5. Can Advil Cause Abortion? « roberrodris on October 1, 2012 at 12:11 pm

[…] HT: Donald Peterson […]

6. Jeanne Engert on August 19, 2012 at 6:49 pm

Bromelain is a good anti-inflammatory supplement that has no risks during pregnancy. It is naturally found in pineapple.

7. Travis Stegall on August 17, 2012 at 3:08 pm

The problem is that there are not a lot of alternatives to the NSAids, and when you’re having headache or other serious pain or inflammation, sometimes you’ll do whatever it takes to get relief. Aspirin has been around forever, and as most people know carries it’s own risk baggage, especially if overused. The report at the end makes the most valid point – “These drugs should be used with caution during pregnancy.”

8. […] Continue… 0No related posts […]